Sunday, May 15, 2011

How To Manage Shingles Pain?


If we are talking about pain, and the diseases which can present too much pain and discomfort—probably, SHINGLES will be part of the list. Shingles is a reactivation of the infection due to herpes zoster virus (HZV). Herpes zoster virus may be acquired earlier in the life of a person due to diseases like chicken pox, etc. These types of viruses lie dormant in our nerve endings and when they reactivate, these can present with a rash, similar to that of a chicken pox, but this time with a very excruciating pain on the site of the rash.
What makes shingles pain different from other forms of pain that a person can feel is that shingles pain is neural in origin, which means the pain originates or targets the nerve endings of the affected area. Pain will definitely be sharp and shooting and can make you writhe to get relief.
Knowing such, shingles pain relief is one of the focuses of symptomatic intervention in a person with shingles. Since shingles is a viral infection, it will clear up on its own after a week or two so the treatment would be symptomatic—that is, treating the symptoms that presents with the certain disease.
Symptomatic shingles pain relief may come in various forms. Here are a few common pain relief methods that may help a person with shingles:
Antiviral Medications
Antiviral medications can lessen the complications of shingles and can help speed up recovery from the disease. One common antiviral drugs used to treat shingles are Acyclovir and Valacyclovir.
Pain Relief Medications
Acetaminophen can promote alleviation from the intense pain. If such drugs do not work as they should, other more potent analgesics can be given/ administered to lessen pain.
Deep Breathing Exercises
Simple as it may seem, deep breathing exercises can relax our body and can lessen the intensity of pain. Deep breathing techniques work by diverting the pain stimuli from reaching our brain to be interpreted as pain.
Divertional Activities Like Watching TV and Talking to Someone
Many incidences of pain, aside from shingles pain, is due to a person’s unoccupied mind and body. A certain theory of pain contends that once a “gate” in our spinal cord is opened, pain can be felt but once it is closed, pain can have the tendency to be disregarded by the brain. One way of closing that certain “gate” is to provide a person with activities which can preoccupy him or her. Diversional activities like playing simple games, watching a movie, listening to music or simply by having conversation with someone can result in pain relief.
Shingles pain is not something to joke about because even when a person is free and fully recovered from this infection, pain may still persist intermittently even in a span of years and decades. This is because shingles virus tends to live in our nerve endings so momentarily, this can flare up and present with pain. Thus, it is important to be aware of both non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic methods of pain relief.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Is any one here suffering from any kind of STD or STI ? , Now this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solution. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr. Tokubo a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from Genital herpes, this i had suffered from for the past 2years and have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine he sent to me to drink for about 9days . 3days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Genital Herpes NEGATIVE. I'm sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Tokubo because I got to know him through a friend he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don't die in ignorance and don't let that illness take your life. Contact Dr. Tokubo through: drtokubotemple@gmail.com You can also call/whatsapp him on:+2349037990322 Thank you dr tokubo. Be kind enough to share your testimonies as you received your cure.he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.
    1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes
    6 HIV
    7 HPV ETC.You can contact him if you are having any disease or infection problem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my herpes started interfering with my daily life. And my lips always bother me every damn day. I remember going to the hospital when I was around 25 years old cuz my whole lips were burning like hell. And a nurse came to the waiting lobby and said sorry there are no doctors here. So I had to go back home. My lips were burning like hell and I felt so uncomfortable that night so I turned to the internet where I found (multivitamin herbal cure cape town) . I am 40 years old.This virus has been totally eliminated with their herbal system , My lips were messed up. They are okay when I apply chapstick, but if I don’t apply chapstick they will get tight and dry and ashy and the skin will get burnt and hard. And they always feel tingly. The burning sensation stopped after that day I started their herbal cure.  I don’t want to walk around with glossy lips. I’m a man. I don’t know what would have heal me from this virus if not for the product. I took a comprehensive STD blood test last week again and everything came out negative.,contact > www . multivitamincare .org today Call Us (or SMS): +1 (956) 758-7882 they have the right treatment to STD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing a lot of people with different comments about getting healing and some aren’t. For me. I advise anyone that have been diagnosed with any kind of disease or hsv virus should visit Dr zubby health clinic his treatment are the best to heal your health completely. Dr zubby Solution Home, you can get his product from his website via 👉👉. https://drzubbysolutionhom.wixsite.com/website

    ReplyDelete