Dear Dr. Donohue — I have a question about Valtrex and genital herpes. I had a few outbreaks of herpes in a year and was advised to take this medicine daily to suppress them. I have been taking it for two years. It gives me peace of mind, but I worry about permanent side effects. Can you take it less often? What happens if I stop taking it completely? — Anon.
Answer — The herpes virus lives in an affected person for life. Those who suffer frequent recurrences or painful outbreaks have the option of suppressing those outbreaks by taking Valtrex (valacyclovir), Famvir (famciclovir) or Zovirax (acyclovir).
One method is episodic treatment, taking the medicine only at the first signs or symptoms of an outbreak. A second method is chronic suppressive therapy, the daily use of medicine to prevent outbreaks. The safe length of time for this therapy hasn't been established. A third option is to take no medicine if the outbreaks are not terribly painful or if they do not occur frequently.
Psychologic distress and lessening the chance for spreading the virus are two other reasons for suppressive treatment.
No one can predict what will happen if you stop completely. You might have a few yearly occurrences, as you did in the past. Side effects from these drugs include headache, nausea and stomach pain. Serious side effects, which are quite rare, are blood clots, a decrease in blood platelets and kidney damage. Taking the drugs once a week doesn't work
You and your doctor have to decide if daily medication is appropriate for you.
Dear Dr. Donohue — After two days of sinus headaches, I awoke with double vision. Doctors admitted me to a stroke ward. Then they determined that I had damage to cranial nerve III (3) and partial damage to IV (4). Can you shed some light on what happened? —D.D.
Answer — The eyes view objects from a slightly different position. To fuse the images they get into a single picture, the six eye muscles of each eye and the three nerves that control them have to align the eyes in exact positions. If one or more muscles or one or more nerves are out of whack, people see two images.
Diabetes, high blood pressure, small strokes, multiple sclerosis and myasthenia gravis (a nerve illness) are the major causes of double vision. A less-serious cause is a temporary disruption of blood supply to one of the eye nerves or eye muscles.
In that instance, the visual disturbance clears in a matter of weeks or months. This sounds like what happened to you. The sinus headaches are not likely responsible.
In the meantime, glasses fitted with a prism can restore single images.
Write Dr. Donohue at P.O. Box 536475, Orlando, Fla. 32853-6475.
Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV 1 or 2 is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatments which is not helpful to cure HSV and hasn't proved any sign of helping. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 16 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr OGU Patrick. Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Natural herbs helped saved me from Genital herpes permanently and i am so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful herbs can also contact Dr OGU Patrick through via this email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com , Text or call him via : +1 719 629 0982
ReplyDeleteI want to inform the public how I was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Dr Igbima. I visited different hospitals but they gave me a list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr Igbima cured them. I Was scared because i never believed in the Internet but i was convinced to give him a try because i was having no hope of being cured of HERPES so i decided to contact him on his email, i searched his email on net and i saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent a Herbal medicine to me that I took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. You can contact him on his WhatsApp: +27659195494 or Email: drigbimasolutioncenter911@gmail.com and get all your problems solved.
ReplyDeleteDoctor Igbima can also have the cure for the following
DIABETES
CANCER
HEPATITIS
HERPES 1&2
HIVEPILEPSY
GONORRHEA
ASTHMA
PREGNANCY ISSUES
HEART DISEASES
KIDNEY INFECTIONS
AUTISM
I want to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude to Dr. Utu for transforming my life and helping me regain my health. For over five long years, I struggled with a herpes infection that left me feeling incomplete and desperate for a solution. During this time, I fervently prayed to God for healing and relentlessly searched for an effective cure, but nothing seemed to work.
ReplyDeleteSome months ago, I found myself once again looking for answers online, hoping to discover a potential solution to my problem. While browsing through various comments and testimonials about different doctors, I felt a divine nudge to reach out to Dr. Utu, whose reputation seemed to shine through the myriad of stories shared by others. With a mixture of hope and skepticism, I contacted him via the email address I found: drutuherbalcure@gmail.com.
Dr. Utu was incredibly responsive and compassionate. He promptly sent me a herbal medicine and provided clear directions on how to use it over the course of four weeks. Following his instructions diligently, I remained hopeful, praying that this time would be different. After completing the treatment, I scheduled a test and, to my overwhelming joy, the results came back negative.
I cannot adequately express the tears of joy that streamed down my face in that moment. I felt an immense weight lifted off my shoulders, and the feeling of being a clean man again was indescribable. This experience has reinstilled hope in my heart, and I am deeply thankful for Dr. Utu's expertise and compassion.
Now, I have made it my mission to share my story with others who are struggling and to testify about the miraculous healing that God facilitated through Dr. Utu. If anyone else is facing similar challenges, I encourage you to reach out and seek help. You are not alone in your journey!
My life almost became miserable because of this herpes virus infection, I always had outbreaks on my penis that were so painful to handle. All the blisters and breakouts always came when I got sick and I was sick of this. I used several medications, including Valtrex and acyclovir, to manage the symptoms of the virus, but they needed something to cure it permanently. My doctor told me that there was no cure, but I wasn't convinced because I knew there must be a cure somewhere, I am a big fan of Dr. Sebi and believed a lot in nature. Someone who has used Dr. Utu's Herbal Cure referred me to Dr. Utu and she assured me that I would be completely cured even before the end of four weeks of treatment with Dr Utu's herbal cure. I ordered Dr Utu's herbal cure and today I have been perfectly cured of this virus. Don't let anyone fool you. Contact Dr. Utu at drutuherbalcure@gmail.com for a permanent cure now
ReplyDeleteHi everyone, I wanted to share my experience in case it can help someone going through what I went through. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with herpes. It was a very difficult time for me emotionally, physically, and mentally. Like many people, I believed what I had always heard: that there was no cure and that I'd have to live with the virus for the rest of my life.
ReplyDeleteDespite everything, I didn’t give up hope. I spent a lot of time researching, trying different treatments, and looking for anything that might help. Eventually, a close friend told me about an herbal doctor named Dr. Utu. At first, I was skeptical, but I figured I had nothing to lose. I reached out to him, and after a detailed conversation, he sent me an herbal treatment. I followed the instructions exactly as he provided.
To my surprise, after about a month, my symptoms were completely gone. I felt better than I had in a long time. I went to get tested multiple times over the following months, and each test came back negative. I couldn’t believe it after years of carrying this virus, it was gone. I waited a long time before sharing my story publicly because I wanted to be absolutely sure. Now, after consistent negative tests and no symptoms, I feel confident saying that Dr. Utu’s herbal remedy helped me in a way that no conventional treatment ever did.
If you're dealing with herpes and feel like you're out of options, I encourage you to explore every possibility. This worked for me. If you want more information, here is Dr. Utu’s email: drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
My Journey to Recovery from hsv2
ReplyDeleteAt the age of 23, I was diagnosed with hs2. After my initial outbreak, I stayed almost 20 years free of symptoms. However, from my early 40s, everything changed. I started experiencing regular outbreaks, along with an increase in forgetfulness and anxiety. I also faced low energy levels, reduced muscle mass, leg weakness, cramps, and nausea which became increasingly problematic, and all seemingly linked to my condition.
Unfortunately, antiviral medications didn't work well for me. I tried avoiding high arginine foods, took lysine, garlic, and multivitamins, and even engaged in Hormone Replacement Therapy, but nothing alleviated my symptoms. My situation became a living nightmare.
In April 2024, my life took a turn for the better when I discovered Dr Utu herbal cure. Initially skeptical about the power of herbs when I came across a forum where people shared positive testimonies about Dr Utu Herbal Cure. After noting an email address provided by forum users, I reached out to him for help with my condition.
Dr. Utu responded promptly, asking me to fill out a form detailing my situation. He assured me that I would be fine. He prepared the herbs personally, and I followed his directions closely. Remarkably, even before completing the treatment, I felt revitalized. It was as if my whole body was being restored. During the treatment, all my symptoms vanished, which I promptly reported to Dr. Utu. He encouraged me to complete the treatment process.
After finishing the treatment, I took a leap of faith and decided to get tested for herpes to confirm my recovery. When the results came back, I was ecstatic to learn that I was negative for hsv2. I am completely cured and now live a fulfilling medication free life.
If you're struggling, I highly recommend reaching out to Dr Utu for his herbal cure. You can contact him at the following email: drutuherbalcure@gmail.com